Thursday, October 7, 2010

Old Photographs,city lights and a long night

I surely have come to believe this that there is a relation between the shutter and the grins. I dont see many pictures in my photograph collection where anyone was actually sad; ya maybe few unawares. But it is kind of funny how these old photographs suddenly complete the circuit and zip zap zoom on the hot wheels u r cruising down the memory lane.
For past half an hour as i was going through some of these cherished memories i was just smiling to myself and trying to think was i so happy at this point in time; it surely seems to me that i was. Strangely it just makes me think how looking back makes things look much better. The dog eared, yellowing black and white picture looks classic. My Eyes look brighter in pictures taken a few years back and I certainly look thinner.

All this certainly makes me wonder do we value present enough. Because when gone we look back and we surely miss it. Did i laugh hard enough that night when we drank ourselves silly, did i thank enough when i had the surprise birthday celebration, did i ......Just now at this moment i realized may be i dont look out enough of my window and that who knows how often would i be able to see the city lights from the window on the eleventh floor. Who knows we just might get a dog few months down the line and move to the ground floor.

When i think of things and people in this perspective i just want to call each one of my cherished people, old ones, new ones, forgotten ones, far and near and the ones i would die for. As this night seems so short and this feeling ephermal i dont know when next will i in this chaotic life stand at the window and stare out to just take in what i posses at this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment