Monday, June 6, 2011

Torentz To The Rescue

The other day I had these bubbles of excitement stirring and rising in my head I just couldn’t wait to get home. No it wasn’t that much awaited date nor was my best friend in town, nor was it the opening night of the most talked about club. It was a very simple story; I had just got my hands on the next season of my favourite series from my forgetful friend, but only after some thirty seven reminders and numerous follow ups. I couldn’t wait to get home plug in the external source to my laptop, microwave some leftover Chinese and a bowl of pop corn. And start watching the unravelling of the lives of my favourite characters. The makers of the series would have received blessings from many like me. They had given us a reason to come back from work early and look forward to the other day. They always left us with a glimmer of hope for the next season making drudgery lives bearable.
But then what about movies do they have the same affect. Yeah going to movies are fun but the stories last those measly few hours of a weekend night, we hardly get to know the characters before their story is over. Yes sometimes you spend Mondays discussing the plot and the actors over your cubicle walls. But with the series it is that you get a lot more to lap up about the characters. You tend to hate and love them and start calling them by their first names. Crime investigators, to the Manhattan girls, to mother of two who is a drug pedlar, to undercover agents, to small town girl, the vampire lovers; n yeah the weird friends, idiosyncratic families; All these characters being far far away from our lives but they become our passport to escape from our realities. Their lives exciting, funny, unbelievably real, enchanting, glamorous; you feel a part of the ride.
The best part about it is that u do not have to wait for a whole week to watch them and u don’t have to swap channels and estimate the break times. Uninterrupted storytelling and if you can’t satiate your intrigue you can stay up all night watching the collection.
Addiction yes but not that harmless if I must say ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment